- 7 1/2 pounds acorn squash
- 25 each Granny Smith apples – peeled, seeded and cut
- 1 7/8 gallons chicken stock
- 1 7/8 pints heavy cream
- 1 1/4 pounds butter
- 5 pounds chestnuts, peeled and chopped
- 1 1/4 gallons smoked chicken—diced
Wash then cut squash in half and seed then poach in chicken stock till slightly soft then remove from liquid and peel. Place back in stock with apples and simmer until very soft. Add cream then purée. Set aside. Brown chestnuts in butter then add smoked chicken and soup. Adjust with salt and pepper.
Walnut Hills Country Club
2874 Lake Lansing Rd.
East Lansing, MI 48823–9731