- 500g (1 lb) salmon fillet, skin removed, diced
- 2 egg whites
- 3 Tablespoons chestnut flour
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon wasabi paste (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons chopped flat parsley
- 2 Tablespoons freeze dried chestnut ‘Slices’ (chopped 5-10 seconds in small food processor)
- 1/4 cup (2 fl oz) lime
- 1/4 cup (2 fl oz) soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
Remove any bones from the salmon and dice. Combine the chopped salmon with the egg white, chestnut flour, chopped chestnut ‘Slices’ lime, ginger, parsley and wasabi paste (optional) if desired.
Make into small 2 inch patties.
Heat 2 Tablespoons vegetable cooking oil in 10 inch fry pan over medium-high heat.
Cook patties on one side for 2-3 minutes. Flip. Cook on other side for another minute or two.
Serve while hot.