- 20 jumbo sea scallops (dry)
- 1/4 cup clarified butter
- salt and pepper to taste
Chestnut Butter Sauce:
- 1/4 cup chestnut purée
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup clam broth or fish broth
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup butter at room temperature
- 1/4 cup lightly roasted and chopped chestnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
Scallops: Heat butter in sauté pan until it smokes. Sear scallops on both sides until caramel color. Serve immediately.
Chestnut butter sauce: Reduce white wine in sauté pan and reduce by half. Add herbs, broth and chestnut purée. Bring to boil and simmer until reduced by one quarter. Add cream, butter, roasted chestnuts and pepper. Serves 4.
Chef Randy Emert
18100 W. Ten Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075–2630