- 4 5-ounce venison loin portions, cleaned of sinew and fat
- 1 cup roasted chopped chestnuts
- 2 ounces olive oil
- 2 cups asparagus or other vegetable
- 2 cups cooked fingerling potatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces American Spoon Foods Ginger Sauce
Season venison with salt and pepper. Heat a heavy gauge sauté pan on high until pan is hot. Add oil and venison and sear all sides until brown. Finish cooking loin in an oven at 350 degrees F until medium rare or to desired temperature. Pull loin out of pan and let rest for 5 minutes, then coat with chopped chestnuts liberally. Serve with sautéed fingerling potatoes and asparagus, or favorite vegetable and starch. Drizzle sauce around venison medallions and serve. Serves 4.
Chef Michael Trombley
18100 W. Ten Mile Rd.
Southfield, MI 48075–2630